Please check out EJAM’s leadership development opportunities.
Would you like to be kept in the loop about EJAM trainings? If so, fill this out.
- Develop a broader understanding of the political landscape in Michigan, including who holds power in their community and how to influence them.
- Deepen their awareness and improving their ability to collaborate across issues and communities.
- Strengthen core leadership skills to engage more fully in organizing, advocacy, and issue campaigns.
- Learn how to operate in an anti-racist/anti-oppression way.
- Identify long-term leadership goals and developing a clear plan to increase their political involvement.
- Feel empowered and equipped to take on greater leadership roles in their community.
- Build relationships with economic justice leaders and activists across the state.
- Play a crucial role in promoting economic justice in Michigan.
Expectations EJAM will:
- Provide participants with a $1,000 stipend (over 8 months) to participate in this FREE training.
- Provide childcare, if needed.
- Provide organizing training, inside and outside of the fellowship; Along with additional leadership development opportunities outside of the fellowship.
- Provide participants with networking opportunities.
- Fully participate in the trainings.
- Adhering to the attendance policy of missing only 2 (two) days of the entire eight (8) month fellowship.
- Complete 40-hour field practicum, outside of training time.
- Have at least half of the practicum hours completed By April 17, 2016.
- Work with their Partner Organizer to help build membership and organizational capacity.
- Come prepared to learn, interact, be challenged and grow!
EJAM offers this Fellowship once a year. The application for the 2017 Fellowship is currently closed. If you have any questions or are interested in applying for the 2018 Michigan Economic Justice Fellowship, please contact Tameka@MiEconomicJustice.org.
The 2018 Michigan Economic Justice Fellowship is underway. However, if you’d like to stay informed about our next program like this, please fill this out.